Saturday, May 26, 2007
Vintage Postcards and Envelope, digital hi-resolution scans (CameraObscura CD no. 1)
This CD contains hi-resolution scans of two vintage postcards and one vintage envelope.
1) French postcard to Monsieur Montagu, Pharmacien de 1er classe. An original postcard from the 1890s, offering a free sample of “Dragees Hecnet.” (3.5 x 5 inches, horizontal).
2) German postcard to Paul Maslowski, of an export company in Bonn, about (I think) beads; original, dated 8 March 1921. (3.5 x 5.5 inches, horizontal).
3) Envelope sent to Berkeley, CA, from the Grand Hotel Bellagio, Venice, postmarked 1896. This original envelope has two beautiful blue engravings on the front, and a decorative stamp that says “Saluti da Venezia” on the back. (4.5 x 5.75 inches, horizontal).
Camera Obscura's goal is to supply high-quality reproductions of vintage ephemera for artists to use in their own mixed-media, collage, assemblage, and altered-photo artwork. These scans are of original pieces from my collection.
- The scans are at 300dpi (press-quality), full-color RGB mode, each at the dimensions of the original plus a half-inch white border.
- Separate scans of front and back of each piece -- six different scans total.
- Each scan is supplied in TIFF and JPEG format, so the CD contains 12 files in all.
Need just one scan, or need it right away? Each postcard and the envelope are also available as JPEG files for download (instead of shipped on CD) in my Etsy shop.
Buy this CD at the Camera Obscura Etsy shop.